, Identification needed, mystery model from Italy?

Read more on Acoustat in our home audio section

Fred2004-02-23 22:21

Hello, the model I would like I.D. was mfg. in Italy around 1995 approximately. They are said to be the last mfg. before closure. The panels were charged by a single toroidal transformer at 4000v -0.05 va. The sub is 8” at 3ohms and the panels at 4ohms. A picture is send seperately. Hope you can help. Thanks and regards Fred.

Advertisement

Andy Szabo2004-02-23 22:21

I don\'t know much about the Italian Acoustat models. However, using the information already posted on this site, along with the information and photo you have provided, I will attempt an answer.

There are photos on this site of the Italian models 1300 and 1400. The model 1300 appears to be a two-panel-per-speaker unit with no woofer, probably similar to the Spectra 22 or 2200. The model 1400 appears to be a single-panel-per-speaker unit with woofer, perhaps similar to the Spectra 11 or 1100. Your photo, which also appears to be a single-panel-per-speaker with woofer, is probably a Model 1200. I have no way of telling what the technical differences might be between the two single-panel models 1200 and 1400. Perhaps one of them has a better woofer system, similar to the Spectra 11 vs. the Spectra 1100.

Does anyone have more complete information?

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.