Spectra 11, Balance components?

Read more on the Acoustat Spectra 11 in our home audio section

Robert2006-12-16 00:48

I want to know which components are used to balance the system top to bottom? I see a ten ohm resistor and a 1 and 4 ohm as well. I have replaced the two NP-caps with new ones of the same values and added a zobel to the woffer (10uF and 6.5ohms). These changes have cleaned up the sound very nicely but I would like to try a newer design woofer and might need to balance the system again.

Advertisement

Bobwire2007-01-02 23:11

I answered my own question about replacing the woofer of my Spectra 11\'s. I found that a HIVI-D8a 8 inch woofer works great. I only had to go from 1.6 cu.ft to 1.5cu.ft. and to port it to make it work(2in. dia X 4.75in.). I get deep clean bass that makes these speaker new again in fact, better than new. The stock woofer has a hump at 80hz and is down -3dB at 54. The stereophile test CD shows very strong output at 31.5hz. And if you have not already, put cones feet on them.

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.