3, Acoustat Mk-121-2 interface hum

Read more on the Acoustat 3 in our home audio section

Chris Terzis2010-10-11 20:30

Hello

I bought some model 3's and have been enjoying them for a few months. One of the interfaces has a hum. Only heard if music is off and if you go behind the speaker. I tried to plug it into other wall outlets on different circuits - same noise.

Tried tightening transformer bolts - seemed tight.

Can anyone suggest anything else - am I stuck with the hum unless I bring them in for service.
Is there anything else - do it yourself - that I could try first. Interfaces have Solen caps and cardas wiring and posts.

There are three paper wrapped transformers.

I can send a picture to an email id?

Appreciate any help - thank you . Chris

Advertisement

Chris Terzis2010-10-12 20:24

After looking at the interfaces and talking to another Acoustat owner I will be picking up some small rubber washers and installing them between the inside of th steel box and the screws where the transformers are mounted - in the hopes of isolating the transformer that is humming. I will remove the top of the interface box to get access. Before I do this I will also pick up a cheater electrical plug to see if it is a ground loop problem. Any suggestions or ideas ? Thx. Chris

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.