2 plus 2, Panels, rattling sound

Read more on the Acoustat 2 plus 2 in our home audio section

Paul2004-02-23 22:21

I have a pair of 2+2 with the MK121-2A interfaces. At times I can hear a rattling sound in the top inner panels usually when deeper bass is being played at higher levels, esp with CDs. Kind of like something is loose and sometimes I can stop it by wiggling the frame around. What is the best way to test if my panel membranes are okay without taking the socks off? Thanks

Advertisement

Andy Szabo2004-02-23 22:21

The rattle comes from the screws that hold the panels on the frame. Since the frame is made of wood it\'s normal that some of them become loose due to the fact that wood react the change on the weather (expansion and retraction) and also sound vibration. Unfortunately will have to remove the socks that cover the speaker to tighten the screws. Be careful not to tight them too much to avoid breaking the plastic washer nor the panel itself.

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.