One, prototype of Model One?

Read more on the KLH One in our home audio section

Mark Voigt2004-02-24 02:45

I have what I believe to be the Kloss prototype for the Model One. It is similar to the model one but shorter. The electrostatic panels are built into the speaker. There is only one woofer. The speaker cabinet is most definitely KLH and there is a date code one the inside. Would like to know if you know when the Model One was introduced. I can send pictures if your are interested in seeing this. It was purchased in Cambridge Mass. Thanks. Mark.

Advertisement

Bill Boyd2004-02-24 02:45

Mark - this does look like it may have been an early prototype for the model 12 which was actually produced with the same dynamic midrange and tweeter as the bookshelf model 5. The woofer on the 12 had an enormous magnet though. I wonder if yours has that as well or if it is the smaller one of the 5 and 6 models. Also, curious for a real closeup of the ESL units, they look unlike any i\'ve seen from Janszen or RTR. Does this thing work? regards, Bill

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.