What's new

Brett Mcconnell Robertson Audio topic reply
Richard Hines Robertson Audio topic reply
Janny Kiche Ampex topic reply

280-D, Looking for a set pair to purchase.

Read more on the RTR 280-D in our home audio section

Jim2010-07-16 21:14

I am interested in finding a good pair of these RTR 280D or even the RTR300D speakers. Also would like to hear from anyone that has or had them , even if they are not wanting to give them up! Just looking for information about these speakers. Thanks

Advertisement

Jim2012-02-15 03:42

I have 2 pairs of the RTR 280D speakers. They are heavy.. but have great BASS. I bought a pair in 74 and my cousin bought a pair. I bought his sometime later.

Jim

David J. Rathman2012-04-26 03:38

Jim,
I currently have a pair of 280DR's, they start my rTr tower system. Since the rTr 280 DR is a tower speaker I put them on the bottom. On top of them is a set of 180D's, & on top of them is a set 0f the 88D's. With a set of rTr ESR-6's electrostats on top of them. I have been an rTr fan since the first time I listened to them back in 1968. They were an expensive speaker back then but well worth the money. My first pair was the 180D which I bought new in 1973 from a stereo shop in Edina MN. called Audio King. I still have these speakers & there in the middle of my tower design. Back to the 280 DR. This speaker is big & heavy. it emits sound from 4 seperate surfaces & has 4 10inch woofers. one on each side except the back & one pointing down. They also have 6, 4 inch tweeters. 2 on the left, two on the right & one on top of the woofer in front. The tweeter below the 10 inch woofer in front is a super tweeter & I forget what it's called, super pietzeo or something. I am not really interested in selling them, but if the price is right anything is possible. If you save rTr in a search on ebay, you will find yourself a pair. About twice a year a pair will come up for sale. Please remember that they are a big, heavy speaker so shipping will be costly. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions that I may be able to answer for you. Herkymeyer@gmail.com

David J. Rathman2014-10-03 02:46

Please send the monthly TAC newsletter

David J. Rathman2014-10-03 02:46

Please send the monthly TAC newsletter

Gary2019-02-05 20:34

I have a pair of RTR 280D speakers I would love to to sell.

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.