Gertjan De Werd Bose topic reply
Daren Pioneer new topic
Philip Acoustat topic reply
Acoustatanswerman Acoustat topic reply
Philip Acoustat topic reply

SRD-7-SB, owners manual needed

Read more on the Stax SRD-7-SB in our home audio section

Carl2004-03-21 15:21

Hello, I Am in need of an owners manual for the SRD-7SB headphone combo. Purchased this system, and really don`t know how to hook it up, as was told it was ready to plug into preamp, all I can see is that there is a gray cable coming out of amp with 4 color coded bare wires, and also only see 4 hook ups for L & R + - terminals. Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks. Carl

Advertisement

Scott J.2004-03-21 15:21

The SRD-7-SB earspeaker adaptor does NOT connect to your pre-amp. It must be connected directly to your speaker output terminals. The cable needs to be connected to the amplifier and the terminals on the back of the SRD-7 connect to your speakers. The switch on the front of the adaptor switches between earspeakers and the speaker terminals on the back. The wires on the gray cable connect as follows. Red-Right +, Black-Right-, White-Left+, Green-Left-.

If you are using this adaptor with Electrostatic earspeakers you will need to turn the volume way up on the amplifier to charge up the bias circuit. If you don\'t the volume will be really low. If you are listens to music softly you may notice the volume slowly decreasing and will need to occasionally turn the volume way up to charge the bias circuit again.

If you need a copy of the SRD-7SB manual I can scan my copy and send it to you. Send me an email p9019@yahoo.com. Scott J.

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.