Innersound ESL Amplifier
The Innersound ESL Amplifier is a power amplifier in the solid state amplifier category. It was manufactured from 2000 to now. In 2000 its price was $2995.
Innersound web site (September 2000):
The Electrostatic Amplifier
The InnerSound amplifier will deliver more than 2000 volt-amps per channel into an ESL, and when driving magnetic speakers, the ESL amplifier will deliver over 300 watts/channel into an 8 ohm load, and over 600 watts/channel into a 4 ohm load. Momentary output into a 2 ohm load exceeds 1000 watts. Of particular importance is the fact that the amplifier offers a tremendous voltage swing and current capabilities. The design is extremely efficient and runs cool to the touch! For more details please refer to the ESL Amplifier "White Paper" page on the InnerSound web site.
- The quality of construction is typical of the finest components made today. All exterior and interior aluminum parts are anodized. Steel parts are powder-coated.
- Resistors are high reliability, precision metal film, 1% tolerance.
- Capacitors are of the highest quality, and none are used in the signal path.
- Connectors are gold plated. Both balanced and unbalanced connectors are standard.
- Wire has been eliminated wherever possible. Where wire is necessary, it is silver-plated copper, 141 strand, 18 gauge, with silicone insulation.
Barry Waldron (May 2000): InnerSound recently introduced an exciting new Electrostatic Amplifier.Conventional amplifiers have serious problems when forced to drive electrostatic loudspeakers. InnerSound has developed the first amplifier specifically designed to drive these unusual speakers: InnerSound's ESL amplifier combines superb build quality and superlative sonics with very high output capability
I am very impressed with the amplifier's operation and performance. Many of the features that make the ESL amp so effective for ESLs also work splendidly with magnetic speakers. I have used my ESL amp on InnerSound and Sound Lab products as well as my custom panels. I am amazed at its ability to deliver the goods. The amplifier excels in the bass octaves and with the transients associated with very high frequency musical instruments. Using this amplifier makes the speakers' audio matching transformers virtually transparent. In this regard, it is not unlike having Direct Drive, yet without the complexity.
Forum topics on the Innersound ESL Amplifier
No topics on the Innersound ESL Amplifier have been found. If you want to start a new topic, click here.