KEF Coda 3
The KEF Coda 3 is a dynamic speaker. It is part of the Coda series. It was manufactured from 1982 to unknown.
KEF web site (October 4, 2010): Coda III is a two-way compact speaker of medium efficiency which produces amazing sound quality from such a small enclosure. It is easily accommodated in smaller homes and presents no special installation problems. It is equally at home on shelves or stands, free standing or against a wall. The success of previous coda designs was hard to follow, but this latest version incorporates important new technical features with a pleasing new design to suit contemporary trends in home furnishing. KEF have been in the forefront of loudspeaker development for many years, and their unrivalled research facilities have been directed towards smaller and more economical designs with stunning effect.
Many benefits usually reserved for expensive esoteric loudspeakers are found in the Coda. Its sound is alive, dynamic and thoroughly musical, mid-range reproduction is coherent and detailed, preserving instrumental timbres and voices with a degree of realism normally found in large and more complex designs.
- Frequency range: 60Hz to 20kHz Â± 3dB at 2m on reference axis ( -10dB at 50Hz and 30kHz)
- Frequency range: Directional characteristics within 2dB of response on reference axis
- Frequency range: up to 20kHz for Â± 5Âº vertically
- Frequency range: up to 12kHz for Â± 20Âº horizontally
- Maximum output: 104dB spl on programme peaks under typical listening conditions
- Character sensitivity level: 87dB spl at 1m on reference axis for pink noise input of 1W
- Distortion: Measured at 1m on reference axis at man spl of 90dB, anechoic conditions
- Second harmonic: less than 1% from 85Hz to 20kHz
- Third harmonic: less than 1% from 150Kxz to 20kHz
- Enclosure type: Closed box with third order low frequency attenuation characteristic
- Internal volume: 19 litres
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Maximum amplifier power (normal: 50W, audiophile: 100W)
- Minimum amplifier power: normal 10W
- Maximum continuous sinusoidal input: 14V rms from 80Hz to 2.5 kHz reducing to 12V rms above 4kHz
- Weight: 6kg (13Â¼lb)
- Dimensions: 470 (h) x 280 (w) x 226mm (d) mm, 18Â½ (h) x 11 (w) x 81/8 (d) in.
The following models were also produced in the Coda series:
|KEF Coda 7
KEF Coda 70
KEF Coda 8
KEF Coda 80
KEF Coda 80-C
KEF Coda 9
KEF Coda 90
Forum topics on the KEF Coda 3
No topics on the KEF Coda 3 have been found. If you want to start a new topic, click here.