The Pioneer VSX-502 is a receiver in the solid state amplifier category. It was manufactured from 1993 to now.
tuneman (February 15, 2006):
- Stereo Power: 100 X 2@ 8 ohms (20Hz-20kHz with no more than 0.05% THD)
- Surround Power: Front 70 X 2 @ 8 ohms (1kHz no more than 0.8% THD)
- Rear 20 X 2 @ 8 ohms (1 kHz no more than 0.8% THD)
- Center 70 X 1 @ 8 ohms ( 1 kHz no more than 0.8% THD)
- Loudness contour: +6dB @ 100hZ & +3dB @ 10kHz
- Tone control: Bass +/- 8dB @ 100hZ
- Trebble +/- 3dB @ 10kHz
DSmithmn (January 13, 2010):
1. I have a VSX-502 but no longer have the original remote. The relative speaker levels, and the center speaker modes appear to be only adjustable with the remote, and the universal replacement remote has no capacity for that. Is there any alternative to getting a replacement original to adjust these things?
2. The radio tuner on this thing ceased to work some time ago. It just acts like it is on Mute when in the tuner mode. Is there some obscure control causing this?
Most Pioneer model names can have the addition -S or -K. This stands for:
-S (silver vesion)
-K (black version)
Forum topics on the Pioneer VSX-502
The following topics regarding the Pioneer VSX-502 have been found in the forums. If you want to start a new topic, click here.