The Stax SR-007 is an electrostatic headphone. It is part of the SR series. It was manufactured from 1999 to now.
Steve (October 2, 2010): The rationale in the development of the new SR-007 Earspeaker was to provide deep powerful sound previously unobtainable in Earspeakers. STAX engineers developed a unique new electrode structure. Visible through the outer case, gold plated on the outer edge this new electrode has less holes than conventional STAX Earspeakers and thus provides an increased diaphragm vibration area allowing for rich and powerful sound yet retaining all the delicacy STAX is famous for.
Rigid metal housing
To maintain clear distortion-free sound it is most important that nothing other than the diaphragm should vibrate. Within the STAX SR-007 the sound element is encased in a thick insulated resin case firmly fixed to the rigid body. The results are nothing short of spectacular.
New fully adjustale earpads
Utmost comfort for maximum enjoyment of your STAX SR-007 is provided with earpads that are fully adjustable to the shape of your head.
- Type: Push-pull Configuration Electrostatic Headphone
- Frequency Response: 6---41,000Hz
- Impedance: 170KOhms (10kHz)
- Sound Pressure Sensitivity: 100dB/100Vr.m.s. Input/10kHz
- Bias voltage: 580VDC
- Left & Right Channel Identification: Left (L) and Right (R) indicators are provided at the cable entrance points on the Earspeakers.
- The left channel cable is marked with a solid Line.
- The right channel is marked with a dotted Line.
- Ear Pads: Crafted from high quality natural leather for durability and comfort.
- Cable: Low capacitance wide format with 6 parallel PC-OCC (Pure Crystal Ohno Continuous casting) conductors.
- Weight: 2KG
The following models were also produced in the SR series:
Forum topics on the Stax SR-007
The following topics regarding the Stax SR-007 have been found in the forums. If you want to start a new topic, click here.